Hey! That’s me and my family. I’m mom to the five little people you see pictured there. Yup, they’re all mine. The five “Ds”. Devlynn 16, Davis 12, Drew 8, Dexter 3 and Dixon is 1. They keep us on our toes with everything from lacrosse to Cub Scouts. Kevin, that’s the Dad guy and I have been married for 15 years. He works full time outside the house and I work part inside the house.
Little about me? I’m a drawer. A learner. A photographer. I’ve been freelancing since Devlynn was a baby and had mostly been doing photography until we added the baby to our family almost two years ago. Now I work from home on this and that and am looking to expand my design brand! The “shoppe” is under construction and I hope you check it out.
Fun facts about me
- Devlynn is named after a dragon. Bonus points if you can tell me what video game that dragon is from (she was born in 1999 if that helps)
- Actually, each of the kids was named from something sort of out there. Davis for Terrell Davis of the Denver Broncos. Drew for Dr Drew Pinski (hello, Love Line). Dexter for Dexter’s Lab (Not the serial killer) and Dixon for my most favorite Walking Dead character, Daryl DIxon even though he was added in and not in the original comic books.
- We’re from Colorado only I’m not a native. I was born in Nebraska but Kevin, Devlynn, Davis and Drew were all born there.
- I’m totally self taught. In everything from crafting, to drawing to digital work. I take lots of online courses though.
- I’m a pastor’s kid. And both of my parents are pastors although they didn’t start to work in church work till I was an adult.
- I miss home, a lot. Even though we’ve been here for what seems like forever, I still feel like Colorado is home.
- I drive a mini van, that I HATE. Not because it’s not a rockin’ van but because I feel like I sold my punk rock soul.
- I used to be much cooler than I am now.
- I once started a MOPS chapter but failed at it miserably.
- I suffer from debilitating and exhausting anxiety and depression.
And there is so much more. But you get the idea.